Sunday, March 31, 2013

One day maybe we'll meet again



“I will never forget. I will never regret. I will live my life”, lyrics to keep in mind while listening to this song. That’s the meaning behind “Closer to the edge” from the album This is War, by the American band Thirty Seconds to Mars; every time you don’t forget or regret a decision, either good or bad, it brings you closer to the edge - living your life to the fullest.
 To me, it’s about never regretting or forgetting your actions, because if you do, you are not really living, because these are the things that made you who you are, and when looking back at them we have to learn from them and try to make ourselves better.
The purpose behind the video of the song is to show the community that the followers of 30STM have formed during the years: A Family, as they call it, which gave a sense of belonging for people all over the world; hence the clips from different concerts at different countries, and the people sharing stories at how this band and music has saved them. Because we all want to feel like we belong to something, don’t we? And these three men gave an answer to so many of us. And you can see it in their eyes; in the way they sing along, the way they raise their arms, the force behind the screams, the look on their faces as they tell their stories. The faith they have in music.
I think what I like the most is that they included the voices of thousands of people into their songs; It gives them a special energy, a strong power that gives me chills, like I’m a part of it all too. Maybe some people don’t understand how someone can be so infatuated with a band, but as they say, “It’s only for people who understand”.



So, Jump and Touch the Sky!

No comments:

Post a Comment