Monday, April 1, 2013


For some reason I can't explain,
I know Saint Peter won't call my name

The song that I picked is “Viva la Vida” from Coldplay which is my favorite band, the song was written by all the members in the band for their fourth album (viva la Vida or death of all his friends). The lyrics of this song make a clear reference of Louis XVI which was the King of France in the beginning of French Revolution when people raised against the government, It does not says anything explicitly but if you pay attention you can understand in some sentences of the song, so the message would be sent by the king as he watches how everything is falling apart and how he is losing his power. “It’s a story about a king who’s lost his kingdom, and all the album’s artwork is based on the idea of revolutionaries and guerrillas.” They said.

The video of this song was directed by Hype Williams, for the video the group wanted to base in one of Frida Kahlo’s painting also named “viva la Vida” at the same time she was based on the paint “Liberty Leading the People”. They said they wanted to pay tribute to this artist because of her courage.




They also have an alternative video directed by Anton Corbijn, the also wanted to pay tribute to the video Enjoy the silence from Depeche Mode.

You might think that all of this is a little bit tangled but is is quite interesting (at least for me)
I love this song because of the story behind, the sound of violins and the bells as they play it, but I also enjoy another version very much and it is casually from my favorite singer in the whole world, if you wonder who would that be is… Taylor Swift and I like this version because of the contrast of the cruel lyrics against the soft acoustic sound. 



So there you have  , I hope you enjoy it.

Once you go there was never, never an honest word, that was when I ruled the world ♫♪







No comments:

Post a Comment